Friday, January 29, 2010

La Paz

We´re in La Paz, Bolivia, hence the title of this entry.

It is boring! I think I´ve come to realise that cities in general are quite boring - generally the focal points tend to be churches and museums, which by their very nature are intended to inflict boredom and a desperation to leave on the poor souls that enter.

Cressy is going to do the DEATH ROAD cycle route, also known affectionately as ´The World´s Most Dangerous Road´ tomorrow. Can you imagine why I won´t be joining her?! To be fair, lots of people do it every day and only about 60% die, which is a favourable statistic. It does not appeal to me at all! I am a complete wuss and not great on a bicycle, so it would have been a pointless exercise and a waste of money if I joined her. Luckily there is another person from our hostel who will be accompanying her. I will be thinking of her as I sit in the comfort of the hostel bar and watch football ALL DAY!

I must have eaten something dodgy last night as I felt absolutely turd last night and this morning and was sick! Imodium is officially a life saver. Whoever invented it deserves the Nobel Peace Prize I think. I can´t think of anything it won´t fix - water leak? Imodium. Diarrhea? Imodium. Unemployed? Imodium. I challenge anyone to suggest a situation that Imodium cannot fix!

We´re looking forward to moving on to Lake Titicaca, Peru and the Inca Trail in particular. It´s terrible what has happened there and we know someone who is still stranded in Aguas Calientes, the small town at the foot of Machu Picchu. Selfishly, I hope everything is ok by the time we come to do the walk, but more importantly I hope normality returns to the lives of those affected by the flooding and landslides.

Rafael Benitez is the bane of my life. I am having sleepless nights and am totally unable to enjoy my holiday because of him - can someone please inform him of this and ask that he resigns as a result? Thanks.

Keep it real and spread the love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment